Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I am a beginner

I'm so glad I decided to do this: a photo blog. Since I spend too much time on facebook, I can now spend more time taking photos and blogging. I just bought a Canon Rebel XSi. I'm so excited. I got a kit lens: 50 mm (no zoom), which of course I will have to save up for a zoom lens at some point. The guy at Samy's said, "eventually you'll want to zoom" (he's probably right).

By the way, I took a million of these: "look at my camera in the rear view mirror photos". Haha. I thought they were really cool.

I was so excited, I read the manual and immediately started playing around with it. I bought the camera on Saturday before work. Went to work, got home at midnight, woke up in the morning (earlier than normal) and started putting the camera together. Sunday morning Ryan came over and we made lattes and ate bagels.
Then Ryan and I went to Griffith Park, by the Observatory, but not to the Observatory. That'll be for another day. We took a few photos, just a couple before the movie started that we were going to see - A Single Man. Mostly test shots for focus and lighting. I was fooling with the camera and Ryan was stealing it from me (because he secretly wants a camera but tried talking me out of giving him one, and then proceeds to tell me that he really wants a $4000 one - oy vey) I'm happy with my Canon XSi :)



Until next time,
Court

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! You are truly an artist! simply divoon. I can't wait to see what you show us next.

    Your faithful reader,

    Jay Gatsby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay Gatsby. I have no idea who you could be, but I'm glad you're reading. :)

    ReplyDelete